06 January 2013

Latex necklaces? Who would've thought!

How could I forget, this baby was one of my best buys last year! I got this sometime in November, and I've had my eye on it since February. Back then it was ridiculous, paying full price for something I knew I wouldn't wear often. Then echo (a boutique at Wheelock Place retailing eco-friendly brands, now defunct) had a clearance sale of everything at 70% off! What other excuse did I have not to buy it.


It's from batucada, an eco-friendly Parisian brand specializing in latex accessories for ladies like necklaces, earrings and bracelets. The cool thing is - because they're made of latex - they lie flat on your skin and form this sort of 3D-tattoo-like effect. I managed to get one of the last pieces in a brassy gold instead of black, lucky me! I can't remember what the price was since it was quite a while back, but if I remember correctly, I'd estimate it to be less than SGD30. A little pricier than what I usually allow myself to spend on accessories, but #1 it's unique #2 it's suitable for my sensitive skin #3 I doubt I'll be seeing this often on the streets! Lovely.


The only setback: my significant other thinks it looks like a bird pooped on my chest from afar. I also need to get a chain to make it just a little longer. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment