13 December 2012

FIJI Water Courage Harness

Ever since a friend of mine bought a Bottega Veneta woven leather bracelet a few months back, I've been on the look-out for similar but nicer and of course, more affordable alternatives. And although I chided my friend when he was on the verge of getting his BV bracelet in boring ol' black instead of brown, I've found myself wanting the FIJI Water Courage Harness by Carrie K, especially after I saw the photo below.



I first saw it when one of my fave TLC TV hosts Anita Kapoor posted a photo of it on her Instagram. On her shows, her wardrobe always seems to be.. National Geographic with a little dash of British India, I feel. Was surprised to see a stunning photo of her looking polished in a blazer, with wing-tipped eyeliner and coiffed, bunned-up hair.. Never knew she was that fashionable or glamorous. Interestingly enough she still seems very down-to-earth, which makes her even more likable.


Anyway, back to the topic. Not only is the Fiji bracelet for a good cause (it was made in support of the Singapore Breast Cancer Foundation), it is also a limited edition piece. If I'm not wrong, only 120 pieces were made, plus it's by a local designer, which makes it all the more special and unique. It's already sold out, but well, it's not like I've an extra USD115.00 to splash on it anyway. I think it's safe to say however, that we can expect better things from Carrie K. in the years to come, and hopefully by then, I should have enough to spoil myself a little every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment