double posts in a day! so today at around eleven-plus i went to ion orchard to hunt down a pair of black denim jeans and black shoes for work. i had to be very picky since i'll be working as a f&b supervisor this weekend onwards. i was hungry since i hadn't had breakfast but i figured i'd visit all the shops i wanted to visit on basement 2 first since i was there anyway & wouldn't be returning to take the mrt. i also popped by wheelock place later in the afternoon. i won't bore you w/ unnecessary details like which shops i went to, what i ate etc., but i will say this:
1) i was disappointed that despite me managing to squeeze into the largest size for uniqlo's jeans (28), it was still tight enough to give me a very prominent muffin top (ie. tight as hell). uniqlo is great for tops though ($9.90 for a cute print top by franche lippee!).
2) 3 bras for $50 at la senza sounded very enticing but they didn't have my size in the designs i wanted
3) $25 for a bra from marks & spencers sounded good too but the prob w/ sales items is, quantity is usually limited, more so with sizes
4) stradivarius wasn't all it was cracked up to be (imo). i did see a nice kimono-print tee-dress though.
5) zara was lovely as usual but barely any discounted items. i skipped warehouse since there didn't seem to be any sales. topshop lacked cotton items (as expected), but the shoes were nice (not fit for wide, flat-footed people like me though fleh).
6) mango, usually good for bargains, was closed for some private sale event. mimco didn't have much interest for me while witchery was overpriced imo. bimba & lola had lovely pieces & decor, & despite the service staff with their snobbish attitude & chatting amongst themselves, i felt their heavy price tags were quite justified, looking at the quality & design of their pieces.
5) sephora was disappointing. i found an eyeliner i liked but for $20? sasa sells a similar khaki green one for less than $8, except that it's not liquid. i was actually on the hunt for matte lipstain & the tokidoki eyeliner, however i was told by the salesgirl that they're a seasonal item and were only brought in during last x'mas. the (sephora) matte lipstain on the other hand, didn't have any colors that appealed to me, so i left it at that.